Our smallest model is a rarity among fractional size guitars: most listeners never guess that it's not a full-size instrument unless they see it being played. While lacking the deep bass of larger guitars the tone is remarkably balanced, with adequate volume for most applications. The Collings Baby is approximately a 3/4 size version of our OM, 12 1/2 inches wide in the lower bout with a 24 1/8 inch scale, and the headstock and bridge are scaled to match. Sometimes the Baby is used as a travel guitar, but it often sees duty as a songwriter's tool, the guitar that's ready at a moment's notice and can be played while seated in any position. The same wide range of woods and options offered on other Collings models are available on the Baby as well, but rosewood versions with a spruce top are by far the most popular.
Standard Features Include:
- Select sitka spruce top
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Select abalone rosette
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
- Black/white wood purfling with 3-style mosaic backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Double bound square headstock with volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 3/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 24 1/8" Short scale Length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- No fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Gold Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom acoustic guitar options
No multimedia is currently available for this instrument.
- Body Length: 17 1/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 3 15/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 12 1/2"
- Total Length: 36 1/2"
- Scale Length: 24 1/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Recommended Gauges: