We offer the 00 in its original, 12-fret configuration, a guitar shape that was first designed around the time of the Civil War. Its dimensions are similar to a typical classical guitar, with a slotted headstock and small pyramid bridge. The comfortable size and timeless appearance of the Collings 00 is matched by the ease of playing a wide neck and shorter string scale affords. The tone is typically balanced and precise, and we've seen it adopted for a wide range of playing styles from simple vocal accompaniment to ragtime solos. When you want the durability of a modern guitar but one that appears rooted in an earlier, simpler time, the 00 is a versatile choice.
Standard Features Include:
- Select sitka spruce top
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Grained ivoroid top/back body binding
- Herringbone trim with matching 2-style backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square slotted headstock with volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony pyramid-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 12th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 5/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 13/16" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Abalone diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly slot-head tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom acoustic guitar options
There Are No Shortcuts: Collings Acoustic Guitars
This short documentary film examines acoustic guitar building at Collings Guitars and the focus on quality that has come to define the company culture.
- Body Length: 19 3/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 4"
- Lower Bout Width: 14 1/4"
- Total Length: 38"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 13/16"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Recommended Gauges: