The Collings MT2 V features the same construction and appointments as the standard MT2 (as shown), but includes an oil-based varnish finish and a ivoroid-bound ebony pickguard. Available with optional Waverly tuners.
Standard Features Include:
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Premium figured maple back, sides and neck
- Parallel tone bar bracing
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck & peghead binding
- Black/white purflings
- Full gloss varnish finish
- Bound "Haircut" headstock
- 13 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay w/Collings logo and flourish inlay
- Ebony fingerboard
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22-frets, neck joins the body at the 15th fret
- V shaped neck profile with 1 9/16" string spacing
- 5 1/2"-11 5/8" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 1/8" Bone nut
- 13 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Collings original hand-engraved one-piece nickel or gold tailpiece
- Nickel or gold tuners with black or pearl buttons
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom mandolin options
Kym Warner - MT2 V
Kym Warner of The Greencards demonstrates his personal Collings MT2 V mandolin (Engelmann top).
- Body Length: 12 7/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 13/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 9 15/16"
- Total Length: 27 7/16"
- Scale Length: 13 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 1/8"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Recommended Gauges: