Built in very limited numbers, the MF5 Deluxe V tops our mandolin line. Multiple black/white purflings and elegant appointments accompany our most carefully selected tone woods in an impressive display of craftsmanship. With elaborate hand etched inlays, a fancy engraved tailpiece, and our ultra thin varnish finish, we present to you our flagship mandolin.
Standard Features Include:
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Premium figured maple back, sides and neck
- Parallel tone bar bracing
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck & peghead binding
- Multiple black/white purflings
- Full high-gloss varnish finish
- Bound Florentine-style headstock
- 13 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay w/Collings logo and etched floral inlay
- Bound ebony pickguard with black/white purfling
- Ebony fingerboard
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22-frets, neck joins the body at the 15th fret
- V shaped neck profile with 1 9/16" string spacing
- 5 1/2"-11 5/8" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 1/8" Bone nut
- 13 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Collings original hand-engraved one-piece nickel or gold tailpiece
- Nickel or gold Waverly tuners with black or pearl buttons
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom mandolin options
Jesse Cobb - MF5 Deluxe V
Jesse Cobb of The Infamous Stringdusters plays a Collings MF5 Deluxe V mandolin.
- Body Length: 12 7/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 13/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 9 15/16"
- Total Length: 27 7/16"
- Scale Length: 13 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 1/8"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Interview: Bill Collings interview from Acoustic magazine
- Custom Mandolin Gallery: MF5 Custom - Quilted Maple # 1127
- Custom Mandolin Gallery: MF5 O Honey Amber # 1081
- Custom Mandolin Gallery: MF5 Deluxe V # 2145
- Artists and Sightings: Chris Hillman - Collings MF5 Deluxe V
- Artists and Sightings: Jesse Cobb - Collings MF5 Deluxe V