Photo Credit: Kim Sherman
Pete has a congenital heart defect and has become extremely ill during the past year. He suffered a massive stroke last fall and then underwent major heart surgery in May. This procedure left him with a mechanical pump implanted in his heart, requiring him to carry a battery pack at all times. He is now gaining strength and is awaiting a heart transplant. Our prayers and heartfelt wishes are with him and his wife Erin.
For decades, his beautiful playing and warm spirit have uplifted many hearts. Now, we would like to give something back. In his honor, we are proud to introduce the limited edition "Pete Huttlinger Signature OM1" model. We will limit the number built to 50 in celebration of Pete's recent 50th birthday. Each of these special guitars will have a custom numbered label bearing Pete's signature.
The Pete Huttlinger Signature OM1 is a mahogany orchestra model featuring a graceful cutaway and Pete's signature elegantly inlaid in the 12th fret. We'll be offering the guitar in both Sitka and Adirondack top versions to reflect Pete's two main touring guitars. To help Pete and Erin with their astronomical medical costs, $1,000 will be donated for each guitar sold ($500 from Collings, $500 from the participating dealer). Any additional donations can be made to the Pete Huttlinger medical fund through his website at www.petehuttlinger.com.
Standard Features Include:
- Select Sitka spruce or Adirondack spruce (optional)
- Mahogany back & sides
- Custom Pete Huttlinger Signature in 12th Fret
- Tortoise-style binding
- Simple walnut backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Black/white wood nitrate strip rosette
- Tortoise-style pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany Neck
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Ebony peghead overlay
- Inlaid Collings Logo
- Inlaid dot fingerboard markers
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners
more custom acoustic guitar options
No multimedia is currently available for this instrument.
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Body Depth at Side: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Recommended Gauges: