Just like the vibrant and eclectic South Congress district of Austin, Texas that inspired its name, the Collings SoCo 16 LC brings its own distinctive aesthetic and sonic voice to the tradition of classic semi-hollow electric guitars. Crafted with the best vintage examples of semi-hollow tone in mind, the SoCo 16 LC utilizes a specially developed combination of wood laminates for the top, back and sides that are crafted in-house to create a focused and versatile instrument. With a solid maple center-block and slightly larger body dimensions than its other SoCo siblings, the new 16 LC speaks with a full bodied authority that confidently delivers everything from warm punchy jazz to sparkling airy leads.
Standard Features Include:
- Select figured maple semi-hollow laminate body
- Inset maple center block and mahogany neck
- Aged white top/back binding
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black or cream pickup rings and black or amber top hat knobs
- Dual Lollar low-wind Imperial humbuckers
- 1950's Style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Living Machines: The Art and Craft Behind Collings Electric Guitars
As Bill Collings will tell you, "it's not about the tools, it's the mentality of the people building the guitars that counts." This short film takes an inside look at the drive, passion, and individual attention that goes into crafting every Collings electric guitar.
- Body Length: 20 1/4"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 16"
- Total Length: 42 5/8"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges: