Combining the timeless appearance and enduringly popular tone of the "0" body style with a 12-string configuration has resulted in this unique new model. With a sound that belies its small size, the 0 12-String has exceptional note separation with a quick attack and beautiful harmonic complexity. The smaller body dimension and short 24 7/8" scale also imparts a percussive quality to the note attack that makes this an exceptional finger style and recording guitar. With a sound and feel all its own, the 0 12-string brings something new to this classic design.
Standard Features Include:
- Select sitka spruce top
- Mahogany back & sides
- Black/white wood nitrate strip rosette
- Tortoise-style top/back body binding
- Black/white wood purfling with 1-style walnut backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square slotted headstock with volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 12th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 13/32" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 7/8" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 24 7/8" Short scale Length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Golden Age Restoration tuners with cream or black buttons and 15:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-38 (.010"-.047")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom acoustic guitar options
There Are No Shortcuts: Collings Acoustic Guitars
This short documentary film examines acoustic guitar building at Collings Guitars and the focus on quality that has come to define the company culture.
- Body Length: 19"
- Body Depth at Side: 4"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 3/4"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8
- Standard Nut Width: 1 7/8"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EJ-38 (.010"-.047")
- Recommended Gauges: