Named after the well-loved Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield, Kansas, the Collings Winfield is a highly modified version of our standard dreadnought that features options commonly requested by flatpicking specialists. The combination of the stiff Adirondack spruce top with enlarged soundhole, supported by a top bracing pattern based on the earliest 14-fret dreadnoughts, make the CW a bluegrass powerhouse. Everything about this model is designed to provide plenty of headroom and projection for aggressive playing, but not at the expense of good tone.
Standard Features Include:
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Large soundhole with grained ivoroid and wood nitrate rosette
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck binding
- Herringbone trim with matching 2-style backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped Adirondack braces w/no tongue brace
- Dalmatian-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square headstock with volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 21 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 1/4" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 23/32" Bone nut and cutthrough saddle
- 25 1/2" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- No fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"-.056")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
No multimedia is currently available for this instrument.
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Depth at Side: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15 5/8"
- Total Length: 40 1/4"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 23/32"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"-.056")
- Recommended Gauges: