Crafted with the finest seasoned maple and Honduran mahogany, the CL is built for tone. Lightweight, resonant mahogany combined with a carefully hand-set mortise and tenon neck joint bring tonal complexity and sustain to the table in spades. Sleekly contoured for comfort and style, we've brought new life to an American classic.
Standard Features Include:
- Premium figured maple top over mahogany body and neck
- Grained ivoroid top binding
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony or rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black or cream pickup rings and black or amber top hat knobs
- Dual Lollar standard Imperial humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Living Machines: The Art and Craft Behind Collings Electric Guitars
As Bill Collings will tell you, "it's not about the tools, it's the mentality of the people building the guitars that counts."
Mitch Watkins - Collings I-35 Deluxe
Guitarist/producer Mitch Watkins playing jazz on a Collings I-35 Deluxe (neck pickup position).
- Body Length: 17"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 1/2"
- Total Length: 38 1/2"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: CL Custom #8348
- Interview: The ToneQuest Report - Collings Electrics
- Review: Guitar Buyer magazine reviews the Collings CL and 290
- Custom Electric Gallery: CL Deluxe Custom # 10425
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: CL # 10469
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: CL Custom # 11539
- Artists and Sightings: Chris Traynor - Collings CL
- Artists and Sightings: James Bowman - Collings CL