The I35 Deluxe combines our most premium features with the rich and harmonically complex sound of all solid wood construction. As part of its trim package, the dark textures of the I35 Deluxe's rosewood fingerboard and ebony faceplate are highlighted by ivoroid fingerboard and peghead binding. Each Deluxe series guitar is also fitted with ivoroid "top hat" knobs and pickup rings that are hand made in house solely for this series of instruments. Uncompromising in every feature, the I35 Deluxe is built for the discerning electric guitarist.
Standard Features Include:
- Premium figured maple top over semi-hollow mahogany body
- Inset maple center block and mahogany neck
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Single-bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony or rosewood peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom ivoroid pickup rings and top hat knobs
- Dual Lollar low-wind Imperial humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Living Machines: The Art and Craft Behind Collings Electric Guitars
As Bill Collings will tell you, "it's not about the tools, it's the mentality of the people building the guitars that counts."
Mitch Watkins - Collings I-35 Deluxe
Guitarist/producer Mitch Watkins playing jazz on a Collings I-35 Deluxe (neck pickup position).
- Body Length: 17 5/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 40"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Review: Vintage Guitar magazine reviews the Collings I-35 Deluxe
- Interview: The ToneQuest Report - Collings Electrics
- Review: Guitar Buyer magazine reviews the Collings I-35
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: I-35 Deluxe Custom - Mh Top # 10477
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: I-35 Deluxe - Caramel # 11547
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: I-35 Deluxe - Faded Cherry # 14830
- Artists and Sightings: Jim Kelly - Collings I-35 Deluxe
- Artists and Sightings: Billy Nerhsi - Collings I-35
- Artists and Sightings: Dekel Bor - Collings I-35 Deluxe
- Artists and Sightings: Rich Brotherton - Collings I-35 Deluxe
- Artists and Sightings: James Valentine (Maroon 5) - Collings I-35 Deluxe
- Artists and Sightings: Danny Matthews - Collings I-35 Deluxe
- Artists and Sightings: Mitch Watkins - Collings I35 Deluxe