With a 15" lower bout and hand-carved solid wood construction, the I35 is a unique modern tribute to the heritage of the double cutaway semi-hollow electric guitar. The I35's design pairs a mahogany back and sides with a maple center center block for a tonal response that is complex and quick, with an "airy" character. The I35's top carve includes high arches and ample re-curve, allowing the best qualities of the solid wood to shine though in its amplified tone. An instrument that is at home in almost any genre, the Collings I35 has quickly become one of our most popular electric models.
Standard Features Include:
- Premium figured maple top over semi-hollow mahogany body
- Inset maple center block and mahogany neck
- Grained ivoroid top/back binding
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black or cream pickup rings and black or amber top hat knobs
- Dual Lollar low-wind Imperial humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Living Machines: The Art and Craft Behind Collings Electric Guitars
As Bill Collings will tell you, "it's not about the tools, it's the mentality of the people building the guitars that counts."
Rick McRae - Collings I-35 - "When Lights Are Low"
Guitarist Rick McRae plays a bossa nova rendition of "When Lights Are Low" on a Collings I-35 through a '71 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
Rick McRae - Collings I-35 - "Alabama Jubilee"
Guitarist Rick McRae plays "Alabama Jubilee" on a Collings I-35 through a '71 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
- Body Length: 17 5/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 40"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Interview: The ToneQuest Report - Collings Electrics
- Review: Vintage Guitar magazine reviews the Collings I-35 Deluxe
- Review: Guitar Buyer magazine reviews the Collings I-35
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: I-35 - Faded Cherry # 9435
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: I-35 Deluxe Custom - Mh Top # 10477
- Artists and Sightings: Billy Nerhsi - Collings I-35
- Artists and Sightings: Jim Kelly - Collings I-35 Deluxe