The MT2 is our fully appointed A-model with a seasoned Red spruce top and premium maple back and sides. With its superb tone, elegant stylings and unmatched playability, the MT2 is sure to please the most discerning eyes and ears.
Standard Features Include:
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Premium figured maple back, sides and neck
- Parallel tone bar bracing
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck & peghead binding
- Black/white purflings
- Full high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Bound "Haircut" headstock
- 13 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay w/Collings logo and flourish inlay
- Ebony fingerboard
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22-frets, neck joins the body at the 15th fret
- V shaped neck profile with 1 9/16" string spacing
- 5 1/2"-11 5/8" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 1/8" Bone nut
- 13 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Collings original one-piece nickel or gold tailpiece
- Nickel or gold tuners with black or pearl buttons
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom mandolin options
Jesse Cobb - MT2
Jesse Cobb of The Infamous Stringdusters plays a Collings MT2 mandolin.
- Body Length: 12 7/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 13/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 9 15/16"
- Total Length: 27 7/16"
- Scale Length: 13 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 1/8"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Interview: Bill Collings interview from Acoustic magazine
- Custom Mandolin Gallery: MT2 Custom # 1903
- Custom Mandolin Gallery: MT2 Blonde Birdseye # 1987
- Custom Mandolin Gallery: MT2 Custom # 2145
- Artists and Sightings: K.C. Groves - Collings MT2
- Artists and Sightings: Christopher Guest - Collings MT2
- Artists and Sightings: Adam Steffey - Collings MT2