The MF is our satin finish F-model with simplified appointments. With a fully carved Adirondack spruce top and maple back and sides, the MF is built with the same quality construction as our fully-appointed models. These instruments produce the rich, woody tone that one would expect from a professional quality mandolin at an affordable price.
Standard Features Include:
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Select figured maple back, sides and neck
- Parallel tone bar bracing
- Tortoise top binding
- Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound Florentine-style headstock
- 13 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22-frets, neck joins the body at the 15th fret
- V shaped neck profile with 1 9/16" string spacing
- 5 1/2"-11 5/8" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 1/8" Bone nut
- 13 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Collings original one-piece nickel tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners with black or pearl buttons and 1:14 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom mandolin options
Collings Mandolins: Inspiration by Design
According to mandolinist Kym Warner, one of the most important challenges a musician faces is to "find an instrument that inspires you to want to pick it up and play it."
Jesse Cobb - Andy Falco - Kym Warner - "Salt Creek"
Kym Warner (MT2 V), Jesse Cobb (MF5 Deluxe V), and Andy Falco (D1 A) show off their improvisation skills on "Salt Creek."
Jesse Cobb - MF (Ivoroid Binding)
Jesse Cobb of The Infamous Stringdusters plays "Old Joe Clark" on a Collings MF mandolin.
Kym Warner - MF Honey Amber
Kym Warner of The Greencards plays a Collings MF mandolin in honey amber finish.
- Body Length: 12 7/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 13/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 9 15/16"
- Total Length: 27 7/16"
- Scale Length: 13 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 1/8"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Interview: Bill Collings interview from Acoustic magazine
- Custom Mandolin Gallery: MF - Honey Amber # 1099
- Artists and Sightings: Vince Herman - Collings MF
- Artists and Sightings: Bryan McDowell - Collings MF
- Artists and Sightings: Analise Gold - Collings MF
- Artists and Sightings: James Kee - Collings MF