The long awaited oval holes have become a reality with the MT2 O. As our fully appointed oval hole A-model, the MT2 O includes a high-gloss lacquer finish and full bindings. Built with select Red spruce and eastern maples, these mandolins produce a rich and vibrant tone that is well-suited for celtic, old-time, classical and jazz styles.
Standard Features Include:
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Premium figured maple back, sides and neck
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck & peghead binding
- Grained ivoroid rosette and bound soundhole
- Black/white purflings
- Full high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Bound "Haircut" headstock
- 13 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay w/Collings logo and flourish inlay
- Ebony fingerboard
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22-frets, neck joins the body at the 13th fret
- V shaped neck profile with 1 9/16" string spacing
- 7"-11 5/8" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 3/16" Bone nut
- 13 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Collings original one-piece nickel or gold tailpiece
- Nickel or gold tuners with black or pearl buttons
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom mandolin options
Collings Mandolins: Inspiration by Design
According to mandolinist Kym Warner, one of the most important challenges a musician faces is to "find an instrument that inspires you to want to pick it up and play it."
Jesse Cobb - Andy Falco - Kym Warner - "Angeline the Baker"
Kym Warner (MF5 O V), Jesse Cobb (MT2 O V), and Andy Falco (D1 A) with their version of "Angeline the Baker."
Kym Warner - MT2 O V Honey Amber
Kym Warner of The Greencards plays a Collings MT2 O V mandolin in honey amber finish.
- Body Length: 12 7/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 13/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 9 15/16"
- Total Length: 27 7/16"
- Scale Length: 13 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 3/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Recommended Gauges: