Thin, light, and exquisite, the City Limits Jazz commands attention. Built with a fully hollow Honduran mahogany body, carved European spruce top, and modern stylings, this sleek thin-bodied archtop is made for jazz.
Standard Features Include:
- Ebony peghead overlay with parallelogram inlay
- Ebony fingerboard
- Archtop mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 25 1/2" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl parallelogram inlays
- Fully adustable truss rod
- Volume/tone thumbwheels mounted to floating ebony pickguard
- Lollar floating "Johnny Smith" mini humbucker
- Modern wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Custom floating ebony bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh tuners with black buttons and 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario (.012"-.053" wound G-string)
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Fully hollow mahogany body
- Aged white ABS top/back/neck/peghead/pickguard binding
- Black/white purflings
- Aged white bound S-Holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Deluxe flared "Haircut" bound headstock
- Fully carved european spruce top
Mitch Watkins - Collings City Limits Jazz
Guitarist/producer Mitch Watkins plays a Collings City Limits Jazz. The audio used for this video comes from a mic'd '63 Fender Vibrolux amp blended with the signal from an Audio Technica 4033 condenser microphone placed in front of the guitar.
Mitch Watkins - Collings City Limits Jazz (Part 2)
Guitarist/producer Mitch Watkins plays Victor Young's "Stella by Starlight" on a Collings City Limits Jazz. The audio used for this video comes from a mic'd '63 Fender Vibrolux amp blended with the signal from an Audio Technica 4033 condenser microphone placed in front of the guitar.
- Body Length: 19 1/2"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 40 3/4"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario (.012"-.053" (wound G-string))
- Recommended Gauges:
- Review: Guitarist magazine reviews the Collings City Limits Jazz
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: City Limits Jazz - Merlot # 9031
- Artists and Sightings: Zac Brown - Collings City Limits Jazz
- Artists and Sightings: Kazumi Watanabe - Collings City Limits Jazz