The MT2 Mandola is our fully appointed mandola with a seasoned Red spruce top and premium maple back and sides. With a comfortable 15.9" scale length, it can be played just like a mandolin, but the low C string adds a whole new dimension of musical possibilities. Its superb tone, elegant stylings and unmatched playability make the MT2 Mandola a natural to please the most discerning eyes and ears.
Standard Features Include:
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Premium figured maple back, sides and neck
- Parallel tone bar bracing
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck and peghead binding
- Black/white purflings
- Full high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Bound "Haircut" headstock
- 13 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay w/Collings logo and flourish inlay
- Ebony fingerboard
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22 frets, neck joins the body at the 15th fret
- V shaped neck profile with 1 11/16" string spacing
- 7"-15" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 5/16" Bone nut
- 15.9" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Collings original one-piece nickel or gold tailpiece
- Nickel or gold Gotoh tuners with black or pearl buttons and 1:14 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario J-76 (.015"-.052")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom mandolin options
Collings Mandolins: Inspiration by Design
According to mandolinist Kym Warner, one of the most important challenges a musician faces is to "find an instrument that inspires you to want to pick it up and play it."
- Body Length: 15 3/16"
- Body Depth at Side: 2 1/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 11 1/4"
- Total Length: 29 3/8"
- Scale Length: 15.9"
- Standard Nut Width: 1.3"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario J-76 (.015"-.052")
- Recommended Gauges: