Distilling our popular 290 model to it's essence, the 290 S features a single Lollar high wind dog ear P90 pickup. This deceptively simple configuration highlights the huge array of tones available with subtle manipulation of the volume and tone controls. From rich and harmonically complex clean tones to gritty and saturated rock, the 290 S is a capable companion in most any musical style. Dialing back the volume and tone controls brings out the smooth, compressed and mellow sounds the P90 pickup is capable of without ever losing articulation. The more you ask of this guitar, the more it delivers.
Standard Features Include:
- Select solid mahogany body and neck
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Grained ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black or cream pickup covers and black or amber top hat knobs
- Single Lollar high-wind dog ear P90 pickup
- 1950's Style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros Nashville tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Living Machines: The Art and Craft Behind Collings Electric Guitars
As Bill Collings will tell you, "it's not about the tools, it's the mentality of the people building the guitars that counts."
- Body Length: 17"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 1/2"
- Total Length: 38 1/2"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges: