With fully-hollow laminate construction, a single Lollar Charlie Christian pickup, and archtop style tailipiece/bridge, the Eastside LC has been designed with vintage tone in mind for the professional jazz player.
Standard Features Include:
- Select figured maple laminate body & mahogany neck
- 16" fully hollow construction w/parallel bracing
- Aged white top/back binding
- Graceful unbound S-Holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood or ebony fingerboard
- Archtop mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black phenolic pickup ring and black or amber top hat knobs
- Single Lollar Charlie Christian pickup
- Modern wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Custom floating ebony bridge and tailpiece
- Switchcraft output jack
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario (.012"-.052" wound G)
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Living Machines: The Art and Craft Behind Collings Electric Guitars
As Bill Collings will tell you, "it's not about the tools, it's the mentality of the people building the guitars that counts."
Mitch Watkins - Collings Eastside LC
Guitarist/producer Mitch Watkins plays "All The Things You Are" on a Collings Eastside LC (through a '63 Fender Vibrolux).
Mitch Watkins - Collings Eastside LC (Part 2)
Guitarist/producer Mitch Watkins plays jazz on a Collings Eastside LC. The audio used for this video comes from a mic'd '63 Fender Vibrolux amp blended with the signal from an Audio Technica 4033 condenser microphone placed in front of the guitar.
- Body Length: 20 1/4"
- Body Depth at Side: 2 1/2"
- Lower Bout Width: 16"
- Total Length: 42 5/8"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario (.012"-.052" (wound G-string))
- Recommended Gauges: