Some things are simply better in pairs. With a double-cutaway mahogany body and dual hand-wound P90 pickups from Jason Lollar, the 290 DC offers unhindered access to the upper frets and a wide range of tonal possibilities. From pristine clean tones with rich harmonic complexity to hard-hitting classic rock sounds, there are few bases the 290 DC cannot cover. To further the guitar's vintage-inspired tone and aesthetic, we've made available our own custom wraparound tailpiece (optional) that's been designed to deliver unsurpassed dynamic range and improved intonation up the neck.
Standard Features Include:
- Select solid mahogany body and neck
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 22nd fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Grained ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black or cream pickup covers and black or amber top hat knobs
- Dual Lollar soapbar P90 pickups
- 1950's Style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros Nashville tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Living Machines: The Art and Craft Behind Collings Electric Guitars
As Bill Collings will tell you, "it's not about the tools, it's the mentality of the people building the guitars that counts." This short film takes an inside look at the drive, passion, and individual attention that goes into crafting every Collings electric guitar.
- Body Length: 16 1/2"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 1/2"
- Total Length: 38 3/4"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Interview: The ToneQuest Report - Collings Electrics