Some things are simply better in pairs. With a double-cutaway mahogany body and dual hand-wound P90 pickups from Jason Lollar, the 290 DC offers unhindered access to the upper frets and a wide range of tonal possibilities. From pristine clean tones with rich harmonic complexity to hard-hitting classic rock sounds, there are few bases the 290 DC cannot cover. To further the guitar's vintage-inspired tone and aesthetic, we've made available our own custom wraparound tailpiece (optional) that's been designed to deliver unsurpassed dynamic range and improved intonation up the neck.
Standard Features Include:
- Select solid mahogany body and neck
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 22nd fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Grained ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black or cream pickup covers and black or amber top hat knobs
- Dual Lollar soapbar P90 pickups
- 1950's Style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros Nashville tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Living Machines: The Art and Craft Behind Collings Electric Guitars
As Bill Collings will tell you, "it's not about the tools, it's the mentality of the people building the guitars that counts."
- Body Length: 16 1/2"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 1/2"
- Total Length: 38 3/4"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Interview: The ToneQuest Report - Collings Electrics