The Tenor 1 features our own variation of the traditional "0" body dimension that provides exceptional projection, warmth, and clarity. The tenor's slim "V" profile neck is also well suited to anyone seeking an alternative to the wide fingerboards of standard guitars. Hand crafted to the exacting standards that have earned Collings worldwide renown, the Collings tenor is among the finest examples of this instrument available today.
Standard Features Include:
- Select sitka spruce top
- Mahogany back & sides
- Black/white wood nitrate strip rosette
- Tortoise-style top/back body binding
- Black/white wood purfling with 1-style walnut backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square headstock with no volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- "V" neck profile with 1 11/32" string spacing
- 14"-21" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 9/32" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 23" Scale Length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Waverly tuners
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario (.012", .016", .024", .035")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom acoustic guitar options
There Are No Shortcuts: Collings Acoustic Guitars
This short documentary film examines acoustic guitar building at Collings Guitars and the focus on quality that has come to define the company culture.
Kym Warner - Collings Tenor 1 A - "The Bell of Great Falls"
Kym Warner of The Greencards dropped by the shop to perform his original composition "The Bell of Great Falls" on a Collings Tenor 1 A.
- Body Length: 17 3/16"
- Body Depth at Side: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 5/8"
- Total Length: 35 1/4"
- Scale Length: 23"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 9/32"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario (.012" - .035")
- Recommended Gauges: